What is Green Manufacturing?
Everything you need to know about green manufacturing
Green manufacturing is a big deal these days. Since manufacturing is one of the largest sectors of the American economy, it stands to reason that companies are looking for ways to make manufacturing more sustainable.
Manufacturing not only provides the goods we’ve come to expect, but it also provides more than 12 million jobs to the US economy (BLS). And those numbers don’t begin to touch the jobs in retail, construction, transportation, and utilities that the manufacturing sector fuels!
What is green manufacturing?
Green manufacturing happens when companies change business and manufacturing practices — and the mindset of its employees and customers — to mitigate the industrial impact on climate change and other environmental concerns.
The World Economic Forum notes that “The Fourth Industrial Revolution and industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) present new opportunities to unlock process innovations to develop sustainable, environmentally-friendly materials; decarbonize energy; tap digital innovation for doing more with less; and extend the life cycle of goods within a ‘zero waste to landfill’ framework.”
Why is sustainable manufacturing so important?
Green manufacturing can help ensure a thriving global economy for today . . . and tomorrow by:
- Reducing the use of natural resources and energy
- Lower carbon emissions
- Relying on technology advancements that optimize efficiency, resiliency, and sustainability across the full manufacturing life cycle
- Building a strong foundation for a global circular economy.
FluidForming — and FluidForming Americas — helps make green manufacturing possible for product developers, innovators, and manufacturers across the country. Our inherently green manufacturing process is better for the American economy and the environment and it makes great business sense, too.
- Increase operational efficiency.
- Minimize waste.
- Reduce operational costs.
- Lower energy costs.
- Improve quality.
- Meet new customer demand.
- Increase competitive advantage.
- Protect and strengthen your brand.
- Foster public trust.
- Build long-term business viability.
- Respond to regulatory constraints and opportunities.
- Access government incentives.
- Qualify for the R&D tax credit.
- Strengthen image as a global steward.
- Encourage innovation and new product development.
It’s Not Easy Being Green . . . Or is it?
To learn more about FluidForming or about purchasing a FormBalancer hydroforming press for your facility, contact FluidForming Americas at (800) 497-3545 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Guess what? We form parts, too! We’re also happy to discuss feasibility and sustainable part production options with you. We make easy to be green.
FluidForming Americas, Inc. is a member of the Precision Metal Forming Association and is AS9100 Rev D, ISO 9001:2015 certified.