Tank Head Manufacturing
Precision Tank Head Manufacturing and Tank End Fabrication
With FluidForming, tank end fabrication and tank head manufacturing is accurate. More importantly, our tank end manufacturing process is repeatable. With pressures of up to 4,000 bar/60,000 psi, highly detailed tank heads with complex geometries and integrated branding can be formed with a 99.996% first-pass-yield rate.
Tired of forcing ill-fitting and inconsistent tank ends into place? You’ll love the consistent, easy fit-up that FluidForming brings to the table — (or should we say, to the tank?)!
Types of Tank Heads
FluidForming FormBalancers can form ASME flanged and dished tank end heads. They can also manufacture non-ASME tank heads such as flanged, dished, flared, shallow flanged and dished, fared and dished, flanged and reverse dished, elliptical flanged and dished, hemispherical, toriconical, conical, and custom tank ends.
We can make custom tank heads for use in the agricultural, biotech, brewing, chemical, cryogenic, extraction, fermentation, food, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, and waste treatment industries.
We can form tank heads from stainless steel, aluminum, coppers, and super alloys such as Inconel or Hastelloy.
Quality Advantages and Cost-Saving Benefits of FluidForming Tank Head Forming
- Six Sigma quality, accuracy, and repeatability.
- Uniform distribution of material throughout the tank ensures that there are no weak spots.
- Eliminates bladder friction and tool marks.
- Accommodates the formation of complex shapes.
- Forms detailed impressions, microchannels, or holes.
- Accommodates die inserts and product branding.
- Accommodates undercuts.
- Minimizes springback and material thinning.
- Increases dimensional stability.
- Enables the use of pre-painted, polished, and patterned materials.
- Reduces secondary operations or post-production fixturing.
- Easy, consistent fit-up.
- Uses a single die from prototyping through production.
- Reduces the use of consumables.
- Lowers scrap costs.
- Minimal material waste.
- Nested tooling capabilities.
FormBalancer: Better Metal Forming for Better Tank Head Manufacturing
FormBalancer metal forming machines are bladder-free, force-contained structures capable of producing extremely high forming pressures of up to 4,000 bar/60,000 psi.
High forming pressures result in a 99.996% first-pass-yield rate. Multiple machine and table sizes — which range from 800 mm x 800 mm to 1,500 mm x 2,000 mm — can accommodate a variety of tank end shapes and sizes.
Find out which FormBalancer is right for your tank head ends. FluidForming Americas works with tank head manufacturers to fabricate precision tank ends to desired specifications. FormBalancers are also available for purchase.
FluidForming Americas, Inc. is a member of the Precision Metal Forming Association and is AS9100 Rev D, ISO 9001:2015 certified.